Monday, February 16, 2009

Update and a story

Things have been crazy busy around here the past few weeks. I have actually had several blog worthy things but just haven't had time to post any of them. I actually started a post on January 27 that I never finished. I am hoping to play catch up this week and possibly get caught up if that is possible!

But for now, I have a funny Eli story.

Today in school we started learning the letter U. One of his activity sheets today had him looking at the word in the box at the beginning of the row. He was to find the match word in the three or four words that were listed following the boxed word and place an "X' on the matching word. I had him sounding out the boxed word for practice and because I was loading the dishwasher while he was working at the table. He got to the last word on the page and he started sounding it out.

Eli "b ...u... "

He stops sounding the word out and proclaims "Momma this is a bad word."

I stop doing dishes walk over to check out what four letter word that has the letter U in it is my my son's reading workbook. I scan the the page and the last word on the page was but. I try to explain to him the meaning of that word was different than from the word he was thinking. It is extremely difficult to explain when you are trying not to laugh!

2 comments:

Ashley & Chuck said...

He's a smart little booger!

Mary Ellen said...

Whenever we practice that word, it's the same reaction. I try to leave "but" for April or May as they bust into giggles each time they read it!