Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Prince Luke goes to a Royal Tea Party Birthday

On Valentine's day, Luke was invited to a Royal Tea Party to celebrate his friend, Campbell's 4th birthday. The invitation said the the Princesses and Princes should wear their royal attire. Umm.. an easy thing if you have a girl but a little more challenging if you have a boy! Lets see, we have a cowboy outfit, spiderman, batman, superman, a couple of Star War costumes, LarryBoy, but nothing that was anything close to prince attire. Kevin suggested him using his Armor of God gear to be a Knight in Shining Armor but Luke was determined to be Prince Charming. So I put my thinking cap on, went through the closet, bought a crown, borrow a slipper and finally came up with a Prince Charming outfit.
Prince Charming calling Cinderella!

Tana, Campbell's mom, is a very creative and talented lady. She put tons of details and time into making this party special.
Tana made tutus and put them on the girls chairs. They got to take them home as a party favor. The boys had a wide wire ribbon on their chairs.
A place setting fit for a princess!

Place setting fit for a prince!

I was asked to speak at a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting in January on party planning. As a door prize at the meeting, I gave away a certificate to make a child's birthday cake. Tana won the cake. I had fun making a girly cake. After seeing this party though, I think Tana should have been the party planning speaker instead of me!

All the children had a blast at the party as you can tell.
The Birthday Girl
Princess Campbell Claire and Prince Luke

Luke got to set at the table with the birthday girl!

All the kids in front of the castle and Tana and Greg made out of cardboard!

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Wow!! What a party. I love your cake. I understand the part about enjoying making a "girly" cake. I love shopping for our niece's birthday presents.

katyhoyt1981 said...

Love the prince charming outfit, that was an impressive setup your friend had going... I'm taking notes. Thanks so much for the cake central website, it rocks!