Thursday, February 26, 2009

Farmer's Almanac

Kevin has been looking at the Farmer's Almanac to see when we need to plant our garden. We were looking at it together over the weekend and saw in the "Best Days" section that there is a best day for potty training. For the month of February the best days for potty training were the 14 and 24. So I decided that I would work on potty training with Luke for the millionth time on February 24.

Did it work? Was there something magical about February 24? The answer is ........ NO! He didn't even sit on the potty. I tried to convince, bribe, manipulate, and any other thing I could think of to get him to finally throw those diapers away and become a big boy. You might say (like Kevin) "You need to make that boys sit on the potty. You are the one in control." After much battling with Eli on potty training, I learned that you can not MAKE them do it. As bad as I would like to man handle him to make him do it, it just leads to fustration on my part and his part. So last night I went to Wal-Mart and bought another package of diapers in a size 5. I couldn't find a size 6 (the biggest size) in the cheap diapers and I refuse to pay to pamper his big bottom in those expensive name brand diapers.

About a month ago, we did get him to tee tee in the potty once. So I am living on that small victory that maybe we can get him to do it again soon. Maybe we might try the Farmer's Almanac's best days for potty training again in March. But I am beginning to believe that the Farmer's Almanac is a bunch of hog wash.

I couldn't resist taking this picture of the boys last month doing their paperwork together!

And if you have any tricks or suggestions on how to get a 3 1/2 year old to use the potty, please leave a comment.

No comments: