Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mystery Solved

The lost is now found!


For nearly a month, I have been searching for some missing Christmas presents. We made a whirlwind trip to Arkansas the weekend after Christmas. We left our house at 10 am on Saturday and returned home around 10 pm on Sunday. In that 36 hours, we had three different Christmases in two different towns. In all the unpacking and repacking of our stuff, several items went missing. Seth's brand new sippy cup, a bib, and a little lion chime that we gave him were missing, along with the pot to the Pampered Chef micro cooker that I received. The lid to the micro cooker made it home but the actual pot was MIA. I called all over Arkansas (well maybe just my mother in law, sister in law, my sister, and my mom) and the items were no where to be found. I searched high and low around here. The items had disappeared into thin air.

Yesterday, I was getting my nephew's birthday present together to be mailed and I found all the missing items in our stash of birthday presents we bought on our way to Arkansas for Christmas. We stopped at the mall in Texarkana on the way to Arkansas because I had to get a gift for Seth for one of our get togethers. While I was shopping, Kevin took the boys to KB Toys. The store was in the process of going out of business and everything was 50% off. After looking through the store, we decided it would be worth it to buy up a few things to have when we get invited to birthday parties and for our own boys' birthdays. When we got home, I stored the bags in our hiding place so a certain red head wouldn't see the Star War stuff that we got him. When I put the bags up I assumed that the bags just had the toys we bought at KB Toys in them. I never once thought about looking through those bags for the missing items.

Kevin told me all along that he remembered seeing all the missing items but he couldn't remember what he did with them when he was packing us up to leave. Why he untied those bags to stuff those few things in, I will never know. I am just glad to know where they are now!