Wednesday, November 19, 2008

You might be a Redneck if......

...you kill a wild hog in your backyard.

Last night as I was getting the two older boys ready for bed, Kevin calls me to come with him outside to hold the spotlight. There was a wild hog in the pasture at the back of our house. So with my steady spotlight holding hand, I aimed the red beam right at the target. Then with a pull of the trigger, Kevin brought the beast down. The boys were in the house, so after the shot, I went in to check on them. They were excited and wanted to see the hog. Kevin went down in his truck and got the hog. It ended up being a boar (male) that was pretty big and had a very fowl smell. The pig probably weighed somewhere around 150 lbs.

I am sure this will not be the last wild hog kill at the Dickey house since the hogs are about as plentiful as field mice.



1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Well, you are obviously not in Nebraska anymore!!