Wednesday, November 5, 2008

8 months old

This past Saturday, November 1, Seth turned 8 months old. To make the day special, Seth cut his first tooth! He also ran his first fever over the weekend - just in time to ruin Mommy's plans of enjoying a day at First Monday Trade Days in Canton with her sisters and mom. I think he had a virus because after the fever broke, he broke out with a rash. He is fine now. He is already working on tooth #2.

Here are some notable things that Seth has done in the past month.
  • Rolled over - he rolled from his back to his belly two or three times and that has been it. He tried it and I guess he doesn't like it!
  • Said his first word - DA DA - of course he said Da Da first because Kevin wakes up with him two and three times a night every night. Oh wait a minute....that is ME - MA MA- who gets up with him every night.
  • Ate his first solid food - he spit, spewed, and cried the whole time. Decided to quit and try again later. Couple of weeks later - he made faces and then refused to open his mouth. Now I would spit and spew at rice cereal too but I even gave him applesauce and bananas. So for now we have stopped and will try again in few days. I called the doctor and he to just keep trying and that if he was still having problems at 9 mo. we would worry about it more.
  • Cut his first tooth - after what seemed like months and months of excessive drooling.
See what I mean by excessive drooling!

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Cute picture!! They are growing up so fast! I'm sorry you missed going to Canton. My cousins were planning to go Sat. I haven't heard, but I'm sure they had fun.