Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Treats on the Square

There are three things that Eli pretty much lives for - Christmas, birthday parties, and Treats on the Square. He constantly talks about all three things. This past Saturday night the Gilmer Police Department hosted the annual Treats of the Square. Eli decided that he wanted to Luke Skywalker (he considered Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenoi, Han Solo, and Optimus Prime). Luke decided that he wanted to be a cowboy (after spending the week with Valerie's girls, I think he should have gone as Prince Charming!), and Seth told me he wanted to be a pirate. So pretty much the whole fall break I was making costumes. Thankfully, Luke's was extremely easy. TOTS started at 5:00 on Saturday. At 3:50 pm on Saturday I finished all the costumes! TOTS was very crowed but the boys had a good time.




If I had another week (or even a couple of days) I would have made Seth's stroller into a ship.

As we were leaving Eli told me that he loved his costume. He said "Momma, me, Luke, and Seth had the best costumes in the world." That one quote made all the late nights worth it! By the way, Eli started planning for Treat on the Square 2009 last Friday (before TOTS 2008). He says he is going to be Bibleman. We will see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes! Looks like they had a good time!

Mary Ellen said...

Neat costumes! They turned out great. You were one busy mom!!