Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall Break

Last week Kevin took a week off of work and we took a week off of school and went to North Arkansas on Fall Break. Kevin and Eli were wilderness men. They floated the Buffalo River through the Lower Buffalo Wilderness area, which is a 31 mile float trip. They floated it in 2 1/2 days in Kevin's kayak and camped along the way. Luke, Seth, and I went to visit my friend, Valerie Gunter and her girls. Valerie and I were best friends in Baton Rouge. Her husband Matt was a year behind Kevin in vet school.

Kevin and Eli floated put in at the Buffalo Point at the National Park and floated to the mouth of the Buffalo where it feeds into the White River. They planned on floating down the White River 12 miles but a bad thunderstorm was coming Wednesday night and the White River was running extremely fast. I made a slideshow of some of the pictures that Kevin and Eli (guess which ones are his) took. They saw deer everyday they were out and got to see three bald eagles. I asked Eli what was his favorite part of the trip. His reply " Eating marshmellows, eating Transformer fruit snacks, and eating the trail mix snack." Sounds like my kind of camping trip, full of snacking!


I am having trouble downloading the pictures from Valerie's. Once I get them downloaded, I will post them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Eli had lots of fun!