Monday, September 8, 2008

Kevin's Birthday

Happy Birthday Kevin!

Yesterday was Kevin's birthday. We didn't get to do anything big because it was Sunday and he was on call. Bless his heart, his day was FULL of different ministry commitments and he was called out to the clinic for an emergency. But he wouldn't have had his Sunday any other way. He enjoyed getting to minister to so many different groups. We tried to celebrate it as well as we could. I made a cake for him and took it to our Bible Fellowship group and the boys also decorated a cake for their daddy.The character on this cake is from 321 Penguins, from the creators of Veggie Tales. There are four penguins on the show - Fidgel, Midgel, Zidgel, and Kevin. Guess which penguin this is!
The more sprinkles the better!

The boys and I went shopping Wednesday night after church to try and find Kevin something for his birthday. Eli and Luke really wanted to get him a Transformer or Star Wars toy. Eli just couldn't understand why I would let him get his daddy a toy that he (meaning Eli) really wanted. Then they wanted to get their daddy either the Transformer or Star Wars movie on DVD. I also vetoed that idea. I suggested a new shirt or something of that nature. Well the selection was slim so that idea fizzled. I just decided we would look another day but Eli was upset that we didn't buy his daddy anything. As I was checking out at Wal-Mart Eli was looking at the end cap that was near the checkout. He brought me a Colgate 360 Sonic Power toothbrush.

Eli said "Momma can we get this?"
"For what, sweetie? You don't need that." I said
"I want to get it for Daddy's birthday." replied Eli

I gave in so the boys gave their daddy a very nice toothbrush for his birthday! They were so excited about giving it to him. You should have seen the look on Kevin's face. He didn't expect to a toothbrush but he loved it as if it was what he always wanted!

Our family is so blessed to have such a godly man as the head of our home. We love you Kevin!

2 comments:

Ashley & Chuck said...

i like the cake the boys made. it is cute. That is hilarious that Eli wanted to give him a toothbrush!

I like the new look too. I haven't actually been to your site in awhile because I get the RSS feed. The background is very you! :)

Mary Ellen said...

What a great gift!! Soooo funny! I thought of Kevin on Sunday. Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad the day was good.