Wednesday, September 10, 2008

If You Give a Moose a Muffin

This week at the Dickey Primary School we are learning about the letter m. We went to the library yesterday to check out books that would enhance the letters that we will be studying over the next couple of weeks. Today we read If You Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Numeroff. After the moose eats all the muffins, gets ready to go to the store to buy more muffin mix, and sews a button on a sweater, he wants to make sock puppets like he and his grandmother did when he was younger. When I read that line, I remembered that my mom had bought sock puppet kits for boys over a year ago (if not longer). I dug them out and after we finished all of the school work, we made the sock puppets. The boys enjoyed making them. The eyes and ears of the puppets are having technical difficulties staying on (the fabric glue isn't gluing to the fabric). I am sure that once fix the problems we will have a puppet show just like the moose did in the book!

By the way, there are several books in Numeroff's If You Give series. If you have preschoolers I highly recommend these books. They will be a big hit because they are cute and silly.

2 comments:

The Peterson family said...

bI just checked your blog and didn't know you were homeschooling! I have heard really good things about Explode the Code and Saxon math. Some of the families here use both of those!

Also, you are a cake decorating queen!!!! Did you take a class??? I am really wanting to learn how to do cakes for my family birthdays. I will have to check your blog more often.

Brooke

Mary Ellen said...

The puppet show is great. It's fun to hear the boys' voices.