Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happy 1/2 Birthday!

On Labor Day, little Mr. Seth turned 6 months old. A half a year old. That is hard to believe. It doesn't seem like it has been 6 months since that Saturday morning I got the call from Dr. Martin saying that we needed to take the baby because he was in danger.

Seth went for his 6 month well visit on Wednesday. He weighed a whooping 16 lbs 9.5 ozs and was 26.25 inches long! He was moved even further up the growth charts. He is in the 50 percentile in length and somewhere around 35-40% in weight for 6 mo. old boys. He does have some developmental delays mainly in gross motor skills (like rolling over) but the doctor isn't worried about it. But he is on target in social development. Seth has learned that his hands can grab things. He loves grabbing his piggy on his exersaucer and loving on it. The down side of this newly found development is he has started grabbing my hair! He has also turned into a drooling monster. The boy has more drool than any one baby should. He keeps his clothes and bibs drenched all the time. I guess this is the early stages of teething.

Since Seth was early and we had just moved to our house, we didn't have his room ready. I had planned on setting it up during Spring Break when our family could come down and help me. We spent Spring Break at the hospital with Seth. I tried several times to get the room ready by myself over the past 6 months but I would get a good start and then get pulled away to tend to the boys or to the rest of the house. So for the past five months (he was in the hospital for nearly a month) Seth has slept in our room either in the cradle, bouncy seat, or with us. He is the first one that has slept with us. He is growing bigger and becoming more active so he was taking up what little space we had left in our double bed (yes, Kevin and I sleep in a double bed). Kevin and I (especially me) were ready for him to get his own bed. So last Saturday when our family was down for Luke's party, my sister in law, brother in law, mother in law, my mom, and I put Seth's room together.

Seth's first experience in his exersaucer earlier in August.


Seth finally has a room that is set up and ready to use!
We are getting good use out of the denim and gingham red bedding and Raggedy Ann and Andy decorations.

Thank you Aunt Christi, Uncle Charlie, Nanna, and Granna for helping Mommy set up my room. I love my bed!

1 comment:

shanna said...

sorry, i am just catching up on your posts. love the new layout. if that boy doesn't look like eli, i don't know who does. love the scripture reference. did you hear that heather payne retired from point of grace.....is that the one that goes to your sister or someone you knows church? that is the scripture that she committed to memory and really felt uncomfortable about not being able to "diligently" teach her children. you can google her name and read her letter.