Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Old Recipes

In about 6 weeks or so, Kevin and I will celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary. As is customary these days, we had several wedding showers leading up to our big day. Kevin's sister, Christi, gave us a kitchen shower in Hope, AR and asked all those invited to write down their favorite recipe and share it with us. We gathered up all the recipes cards and packed them up with all the nice gifts. But somewhere in all the hustle and bustle of wedding plans, moving, and all the other things going on, the gifts made it to our place but the recipe cards got lost and were never found ..... until this weekend.

We took some time off for a mini vacation that coincided with my cousin Jody's wedding. (pictures of wedding and vacation activities will be up in a few days) The last leg of our journey was to my parents' house. Any time we visit my parents, my mom always sends us home with food and/or household items that she finds on sale. She is a very giving person. Well last night after we get in, I am unloading our "Granna" items and I see a ziplock bag. I pull out the bag and see that it has recipe cards inside. I thought Momma had written down some recipes for me because while I was there, she was writting out recipes to share with her sisters that were also there visiting. But when I opened it up, I saw a recipe for a Twinkie Cake from the kitchen of Kim Otwell. Kim and I were best friends during college. I was puzzled as to why my mom would had a recipe from Kim Otwell. For one thing Kim goes by Kim Hall now (and has for the past 10 years). Plus Kim doesn't live around Emerson anymore. As I started looking through the rest of the recipes, I noticed names of people on the cards were from the Hope area. Then I realized that the recipes from my Hope Kitchen shower had finally been found 12 years later! I now have several new recipes to try. The majority of the recipes are for desserts. So if you see my family gaining weight you will know why!!

1 comment:

Ashley & Chuck said...

Haha! That is funny. I guess Momma being a pack rat has its benefits! haha :)