Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Blessings


Merry Christmas from our bunch to yours!

Things at the Dickey house are finding a new normal! Our sweet addition, Silas, is doing well. The other three boys, including Seth, adore him. Seth pretty much ignores him. He does like to say "Baby" and make kissy faces at him! I am doing well. Things get crazy and hairy for me sometimes with four boys, but what did I expect?

Starting the first of the year, Kevin will once again be doing relief work. He did relief work for three years before joining Hughes Springs Veterinary Hospital. For those that don't know, relief work is when a veterinarian is self employed and works at different clinics in an area when the owner is out of town, wants a day off, etc. We are hoping this will provide us a little more family time.

On a side note, I thought I better explain why Silas is "naked" in this picture. I saw this sweet picture on the internet in black and white of parents holding their newborn with just a diaper on and they are lovingly looking at the baby. I thought, "Wouldn't that be so sweet to get all of us gazing upon our adorable baby?" Then when it came time for our family photo shoot at 9:00 at night after a Bible Fellowship party at church (yes that is the church's tree not ours!), it didn't take long for reality to set in. Taking picture with four boys is workout. We were lucky to get this ONE good picture out of about 20. Silas crying, Luke goofing off, Seth trying to walk away, Eli...well he was about the only one that behaved. The loving, adoring family picture turned out to be "just get a picture and we want do this again for a few years!"

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I love the picture. I can only imagine trying to get your four "blessings" to cooperate for one picture! I hope your Christmas was wonderful.

Andy said...

How funny!! We can't wait to meet Silas!! We'll see you....tomorrow! :)