Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Cookies

I am not sure if it was all the gingerbread house and gingerbread men ornaments that I have or the gingerbread man game on starfall that got the boys interested in gingerbread cookies. But they begged me to make gingerbread cookies. Gingerbread cookies isn't a cookie that I grew up with. So I had to search for a gingerbread cookie recipe. I found a recipe in my Southern Living cookbook, added the ingredients I needed for the cookies to the grocery list and was geared up to make the cookies from scratch. With list in hand, strolling down the aisle at Wal-Mart I was pleasantly surprised to see the Betty Crocker had a special edition Gingerbread cookie mix! Thank you Ms. Crocker! Less mess and less stress for me! So the Monday before Christmas, the boys and I along with two of their friends, Greg and Haley, made and decorated gingerbread cookies for Santa.

The kitchen help!


The benefits of mixing the batter.

Haley creating a masterpiece.

Luke put more icing in his mouth than he did the cookies.

Run. Run. As fast as you can. You can't catch me, I am the Gingerbread man!

Luke didn't spare any red hots on the cookie he decorated for Santa. We had to leave Santa lots of chocolate milk to wash down this cookie. It also ended up with about four candy corns on it.

Jedi Eli excited about decorating cookies

Haley showing off all of her cookies.

Jedi Greg happily taking a break from fighting the Empire to decorate cookies.

Still eating the icing and candy.

Eli decorated these three cookies for Santa.

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Sounds like a baking/decorating adventure. I love gingerbread (molasses) cookies! They are my favorite Christmas cookie. I had to figure out how to make them gluten-free. They are almost as good as regular molasses cookies.